- Fortune names Wegmans, Whole Foods, Publix top employers
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Rite Aid sponsors flu vaccinations at Grand Central Terminal
- Survey: Food shoppers look for value amid rising prices, shrinking package sizes
- CVS/pharmacy participates in local holiday outreach
SCARSDALE, N.Y. — Natural food retailer Mrs. Green's Natural Market confirmed its acquisition of seven Superfresh grocery locations in Maryland and one Superfresh location in Washington, D.C., from the Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co.
"This investment is part of a strategy to grow our concept in underserved regions," said Matt Williams, CEO of Mrs. Green's parent company, Natural Market Restaurants. "We have been exploring several options in Maryland and Washington, D.C., and this acquisition is a tremendous first step in providing consumers with healthy, natural and affordable food choices."
As previously reported by Drug Store News, A&P auctioned off 25 Southern Superfresh locations as it implements its financial and operational restructuring.