- Nielsen survey: Price most persuasive when incentivizing brand switch; improved features least influential
- New study reveals online, mobile activities of skin care enthusiasts
- GfK: Brands considered 'best friends' boast 3x more positive word of mouth and 2.5x the recommendations
- Curtin, Mack talk strategic alignment and the art of co-creation at Shopper Marketing Expo
- The shortest distance between true retailer-supplier collaboration — the shopper
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Skin care brand Murad, whose products are sold in such retailers as Sephora and Ulta, has hired former Estée Lauder Cos. executive Suzanne Dawson as CMO, overseeing all global marketing including brand development, advertising, public relations, creative and education for products, services and new market opportunities.
Dawson will report to Richard Murad, GM. In this role, Dawson will be responsible for driving brand growth and equity through global initiatives, identifying new market opportunities, driving product development, increasing consumer engagement and brand profitability and developing an overall growth strategy for the company.
Dawson comes to Murad from Estée Lauder Cos. and has more than 25 years experience in the beauty and cosmetic industries, and having worked on three continents, brings a global perspective to the company. Most recently, Dawson was the VP global innovation, responsible for corporate strategy of the hair care and natural and green categories. Prior to that, Dawson joined Aveda as executive director of global spa development, and was subsequently promoted to VP global marketing in 2005.