- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Axe aims for world peace with Axe Peace, campaign
- Top line troubles continue for Walmart
- CVS Caremark study: More education needed on genetic testing in prescribing antiplatelet drugs
- CVS Caremark's 'ability' and 'agility' a key focus of 2013 Analyst Day
DENVER — MusclePharm on Thursday announced its MMA Elite supplements powered by MusclePharm now are available in select Walmart stores. With the new partnership between MMA Elite — a mixed-martials arts brand licensed by Ultimate Brand Management — and MusclePharm, the new supplement line will be released in the Las Vegas area first and will then spread nationwide.
The first two products to be featured are Perform Elite, a pre-workout product, and Recover Elite, a post-workout supplement, at a suggested retail price of $19.97 each.
MMA Elite powered by MusclePharm is a supplement line that will feature formulations from MusclePharm, a sports nutrition company that also is the official nutritional supplement provider of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. MMA Elite is a clothing brand that is available exclusively at Walmart and also is a UFC partner.
"We want to make sure our brand is in the position to cover and be available to consumers on every retail level of the sports nutrition market. Walmart customers have enjoyed the MMA Elite clothing brand for a number of years and now we are thrilled to bring them a high-quality sports nutrition line," stated MusclePharm CEO Brad Pyatt.