- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- FDA approves Merck's Gardasil for prevention of anal cancer
- Pfizer forms licensing agreement with Seattle Genetics
PITTSBURGH — Mylan has launched a generic drug for treating herpes, the company said Wednesday.
Mylan announced the launch of famciclovir tablets in the 125-mg, 250-mg and 500-mg strengths. The drug is a generic version of Novartis’ Famvir.
Branded and generic versions of the drug had sales of $196 million in 2010, according to IMS Health.