- Spartan Stores, Nash Finch merge to become $7.5 billion food operator
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- Target to expand omnichannel offerings in Q3 as new mobile app sees strong growth
MINNEAPOLIS — Nash Finch, a Minneapolis-based food distributor, has announced that Kevin Elliott has been appointed EVP, president and COO of Nash Finch Wholesale/Retail.
Elliott previously served as SVP of merchandising, logistics and marketing at 7-Eleven. Elliott worked at 7-Eleven from 2001 to 2010, where he was responsible for overseeing the corporate store and franchise operations as well as 7-Eleven’s national distribution network comprised of 26 distribution centers.
As president and COO of Nash Finch Wholesale/Retail, Elliott will be responsible for the company’s food distribution and corporate retail operations reporting to Alec Covington, president and CEO of Nash Finch. Elliott’s top priority will be leading the company’s sales-growth strategy, building upon the company’s customer/consumer focused approach to serving independent retailers. Elliott will also focus on strengthening the performance of the company’s corporate retail banners.