- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
TAMPA, Fla. — Fairview Pharmacy Services director of business development Thomas Blissenbach has been appointed to the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy's board of directors, the NASP said.
Blissenbach has worked in hospital and alternative-site pharmacy for more than 40 years and has developed and led several ambulatory pharmacy business units since joining Fairview in 2000.
"I am honored to join my prestigeious colleagues on the board and hope to contribute my experience to advance NASP's mission of building collaboration within the industry to improve patient outcomes," Blissenbach said.
Before working at Fairview, he had various positions at Caremark, Chronimed and HMSS, and NASP called him a "pioneer in the growth of home infusion and the evolution of specialty pharmacy."