- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
SEATTLE – The National Association of Specialty Pharmacy will include a presentation of research posters at its inaugural Strategic Business Exchange in the fall, the group said Friday.
The presentation will provide healthcare professionals, industry experts, academics and others the opportunity to present research and interact with attendees about their findings. All accepted abstracts will be featured in Specialty Pharma Journal, an interactive online community that incorporates continuing medical education, features and departments on reimbursement, formulary protocols and risk evaluation and mitigation strategies. The exchange will take place from October 14-16 in San Antonio.
The theme of the presentation will be "Health Informatics in Pharmacy." Pharmacy informatics is a field that focuses on medication-related data and knowledge in the healthcare system, including acquisition, storage, analysis, use and dissemination. Topics for presentations can include technology and patient safety, leveraging current technologies, building a bridge of acceptance, electronic prescribing, databases paramount and point-of-care decision support.