- Natural Products Association suspends 2013 MarketPlace show
- NPA bolsters membership services with veteran appointment
- NPA launches industry effort to help retailers, communities recover from Hurricane Sandy
- FDA issues new dietary ingredient guidance
- CRN, NPA bring Congress up to speed around value of dietary supplement industry
WASHINGTON — The Natural Products Association on Wednesday announced its sponsorship of the Girls on the Run – DC 5K on Dec. 2 in Anacostia Park. Girls on the Run encourages girls in third through eighth grade to lead healthy lives using a fun, experience-based curriculum that integrates running.
“NPA is proud to partner with Girls on the Run, an organization that values positive and healthy choices,” stated John Shaw, NPA executive director and CEO. “NPA members base their lives and businesses on supporting health and wellness. Girls on the Run takes this philosophy to the streets.”
The event kicks off with a pre-race festival at 12:30 p.m., followed by the race at 2 p.m. NPA members Sow Good, Coral and Burt’s Bees have donated products for 5,000 cinch backpacks, which will be distributed to runners. NPA staff also will participate in the race.