- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
MIAMI — Navarro Discount Pharmacy, which operates 28 stores in the Miami area, has launched a free pharmacy mobile application for its customers.
The new Navarro Rx App, m.navarro.com, is available for cell phones and smartphones, including iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Windows Mobile 7 (coming soon), and also supports two-way interactive SMS messaging.
The mobile app enables customers to manage their prescriptions and related health information directly from their mobile device. Features include:
The ability to view and reorder active prescriptions;
Reminders via two-way SMS, email, push notifications and mobile calendar integration;
The ability to get pickup reminders when prescriptions are ready;
Automatic delivery of refill reminders;
The ability to request refills and track refill status by SMS or phone app;
Store maps and locators, including nearest pharmacy locations; and
The ability to manage doctor and other key health information.
"Making a mobile app available for customers is yet another way we are enhancing the customer experience at Navarro," said Albert Garcia, EVP pharmacy operations.