- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- Bartell donates flu vaccines to help community outreach programs through local schools of pharmacy
- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Flu cards just tip of functioning health-reform iceberg
MIAMI — Hispanic-owned pharmacy chain Navarro Discount Pharmacy, which is an MBF Healthcare portfolio company, has announced the availability of seasonal flu shots for individuals, families and employer groups.
“The seasonal flu vaccine, which protects against the changed H3N2 seasonal flu, is now available at each of our locations — no appointment needed,” stated Albert Garcia, EVP of pharmacy at Navarro. “Our certified pharmacists have undergone extensive training and are extremely knowledgeable about viruses common today, their symptoms and the flu vaccine.”
The 2011-2012 seasonal flu vaccine protects against three different flu viruses: the H3N2 virus, the influenza B virus and the H1N1 virus. With more than 80 trained clinical staff comprised of Florida registered pharmacists, Navarro has been certified for immunization through the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
Effective immediately, flu shots are available at all Navarro store locations during pharmacy hours of operation, on a walk-in basis or by appointment for $25 per shot. (Competitors' prices will be matched.) Flu shot recipients receive $100 in coupon savings, as well as Navarro’s ‘Flu Guarantee,’ which reimburses up to the out-of-pocket expense for the cost of the flu shot, with a Navarro pharmacy credit toward the purchase of the antiviral prescription medication (Tamiflu or Relenza — precription required).