- Navarro Discount Pharmacy's private-label brand celebrates two years
- Navarro spotlights private-label brand at Hispanicize 2014
- Navarro Discount Pharmacy implements EZ Meds packaging system to boost Rx adherence
- Navarro Discount Pharmacy named 2013 'Tip Challenge' winner
- Publix' Miami division VP retires, successor named
MIAMI — Navarro Discount Pharmacy, which operates 31 stores, was the title sponsor of the American Diabetes Association annual Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes held this month.
The event was held Sept. 22 at Marlins Park in Miami and approximately $150,000 has been raised to date. There were approximately 1,100 participants.
Because Navarro is the largest Hispanic-owned drug store chain in the United States, they support causes that directly affect the Hispanic community. Diabetes disproportionately affects Hispanics because of social and cultural factors, and genetics have been linked as well, the company stated.