- Navarro spotlights private-label brand at Hispanicize 2014
- Navarro Discount Pharmacy's private-label brand celebrates two years
- Navarro Discount Pharmacy named 2013 'Tip Challenge' winner
- Nielsen survey: Price most persuasive when incentivizing brand switch; improved features least influential
- Navarro Discount Pharmacy implements EZ Meds packaging system to boost Rx adherence
MIAMI — The push by retailers to offer and promote private-label brands remains strong as Navarro Discount Pharmacies unveiled its own private-label brand of Hispanic products across a range of categories, including beauty, over the counter, food, body and baby.
The new Vida Mia ("my life") line will feature bilingual packaging. It is being launched under Magellan Distribution Solutions, a wholesale and export company that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Navarro.
The new private-label products, launching in late summer 2011, will fully roll out to all 28 store locations and three additional stores that are slated to open within the next three to six months. To support the launch, Navarro has developed a campaign that includes in-store product sampling and coupon offers.
In addition to the store rollout, the Vida Mia brand also will be made available on a wholesale basis and online via e-commerce in about four to six months. Navarro has stated that it will offer the Vida Mia label as a licensing and manufacturing program to other retailers around the country who have a strong Hispanic customer base.
The product categories include:
Mi Casa (home) — household and kitchen items, coffee cups and paper goods;
Mi Cuerpo (body) — soap, shampoo and lotions;
Mi Salud (health) — OTC items and equipment;
Mi Bebe (baby) — diapers and baby items;
Mi Belleza (beauty) — cosmetics and beauty accessories; and
Mi Sabor (taste) — coffee, plantain chips, cookies, rice, sugar and other foods.