- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Bartell donates flu vaccines to help community outreach programs through local schools of pharmacy
- CDC's flu recommendations emphasizes convenience of retail pharmacy
- Many Americans still haven't received their flu shot
- Baxter on verge of revolutionizing flu shot life cycle
MIAMI Navarro Discount Pharmacy has announced that it is offering seasonal flu shots through its 27 pharmacy locations in Miami.
"Our certified pharmacists have undergone extensive training and are extremely knowledgeable about viruses common today, their symptoms and the '3-in-1' flu vaccine, which is now available at each of our locations," stated Albert Garcia, EVP pharmacy at Navarro.
The 2010-2011 seasonal flu vaccine will protect against three different flu viruses: an H3N1 virus, an influenza B virus and the H1N1 virus.
The flu shots are available during pharmacy hours, on a walk-in basis and by appointment for $20 per shot. The company noted that it will match competitor's prices. Flu shot recipients will receive $100 in coupon savings, as well as Navarro's "Flu Guarantee," which reimburses up to the out-of-pocket expense for the cost of the flu shot, with a Navarro pharmacy credit toward the purchase of an antiviral prescription medication.