- National childhood cancer awareness event held at Navarro Discount Pharmacy
- Retail pharmacy can 'strut its stuff' as ACA, insurance exchange information source
- Navarro offers information about ACA
- Navarro Discount Pharmacy implements EZ Meds packaging system to boost Rx adherence
- Navarro Discount Pharmacy recognized for patient therapy management
Navarro Discount Pharmacy, the largest Hispanic-owned pharmacy retailer in the United States is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. And it is on an aggressive growth track as it enhances its service offerings and looks to open as many as 21 new stores over the next three years.
“2010 was a very exciting year for our company in terms of really being able to set the strategy and beginning to execute on the strategy in terms of our growth plans, and even some of the key initiatives we rolled out in store,” said Cristy Leon-Rivero, VP marketing. “We remodeled and came up with a ‘model service store’ within the year.”
While many of the services — such as a pediatric pharmacy window for busy parents, in-store health events and free prescription delivery — are available in other store locations, the model customer service store brings together under one roof the ultimate in customer service. This 24-hour test store, which is located on Sunset Drive in Miami, opened in mid-2010.
This store, as well as a few others, also includes the chain’s new “structured function” model, which organizes over-the-counter products by health state, versus by brand, to ease category shopability. The redesign includes brand line extensions and a broadened assortment, plus 6 ft. of additional shelf space for children’s needs.