- MinuteClinic forms clinical collaboration with St. Rose Dominican Hospitals
- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- With health reform outlook dimmed, pharmacy can’t abandon its agenda
- Pharmacists engage with patients in campaign for improved nutrition
- Medication adherence could be blockbuster for specialty
RONKONKOMA, N.Y. NBTY on Wednesday announced that its stockholders have approved the proposal to adopt the merger agreement providing for NBTY's acquisition by an affiliate of The Carlyle Group.
The affirmative vote of the holders of a majority of the outstanding shares of common stock of NBTY was required to approve the proposal to adopt the merger agreement. According to the final tally of shares voted, approximately 50.5 million shares of common stock of NBTY voted for the approval of the proposal to adopt the merger agreement, representing approximately 79.6% of the outstanding shares of common stock of NBTY as of the close of business on Aug. 23, the record date for this vote.
Following the approval of the proposal to adopt the merger agreement by NBTY's stockholders, all conditions to the closing of the merger set forth in the merger agreement have been satisfied (other than those conditions to be satisfied by action taken by the parties at the closing). Under the merger agreement, the affiliate of Carlyle is obligated to consummate the merger upon completion of the 20-day marketing period for the debt financing, which will commence on Sept. 23, but it is NBTY's expectation that the merger could be completed as soon as the beginning of October.