- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- NCPA: Community pharmacy has historically helped patients as they transition to new health plans
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The National Community Pharmacists Association on Thursday announced it will host its NCPA Ownership Workshop from May 17 to 19 at the Seattle Airport Marriott. The Ownership Workshop, sponsored by McKesson and in part by Pharmacists Mutual and Live Oak Bank, gives prospective and current pharmacy owners an in-depth look at the industry and the financial, management and marketing skills needed to operate a successful pharmacy business. The three-day session also offers pharmacists 20 hours of continuing education credits.
“Getting started in pharmacy ownership can be a daunting and sometimes discouraging venture when one does not have a familiarity with the process,” stated NCPA president Donnie Calhoun. “That’s why NCPA has designed this comprehensive workshop to be the best resource for any potential community pharmacy owners, including practicing pharmacists and pharmacy students, to hear directly from the experts about every facet of ownership — from finding the funding to purchase a pharmacy to how to successfully market your business once you open.”
Launched in 1991, Ownership Workshop is part of the multi-faceted, comprehensive NCPA Ownership Academy, which helps pharmacists navigate every step of the entrepreneurial process from buying to selling a pharmacy, as part of the association’s focus on increasing the number of independent community pharmacy owners throughout the country. More than 50% of previous Ownership Workshop participants now own their own pharmacy.
Are you a pharmacy technician working in the retail industry? Find our group on Facebook for more stories like this and join the conversation.