- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Good Neighbor pharmacists can vaccinate patients under collaborative-practice agreements
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The National Community Pharmacists Association on Monday announced that nominations currently are being accepted for its Willard B. Simmons Independent Pharmacist of the Year Award and the NCPA Prescription Drug Safety Award.
The awards will be presented in Nashville, Tenn., at the NCPA Annual Convention and Trade Exposition, from Oct. 8 to 12. The NCPA Willard B. Simmons Independent Pharmacist of the Year Award recognizes an independent pharmacist for exceptional leadership and commitment to independent pharmacy and the community. The award bears the name of Willard B. Simmons of Chicago, a long-time NCPA Foundation board member and retired NCPA executive secretary who exemplified outstanding leadership and commitment to independent pharmacy.
The NCPA Prescription Drug Safety Award recognizes a pharmacist who has served as an outreach resource to his or her community in the provision of education about the benefits of the correct use of prescription drug products and the hazards of their improper use.
Candidates for these awards must be an owner, manager or staff pharmacist of an independent pharmacy and a current NCPA member. Self-nominations are acceptable. Nominations must be received at NCPA headquarters no later than July 15 and should be made on an official nomination form. Descriptions of the awards, nomination forms and instructions are available at NCPAnet.org/index.php/events/2011-convention.