- FDA advisory committee to consider OTC NDA for asthma-relieving Primatene HFA
- Ensuring access to chronic pain medications
- Vitamins and Supplements 2014
- Reports: Bill to extend federal regulations for compounding pharmacies expected to pass House, Senate
- CFC inhalers to be phased out by end of year, FDA says
WASHINGTON — A division of drug maker Teva Pharmaceutical Industries is partnering with an advocacy group focused on asthma in the launch of a new educational website about the condition.
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America and Teva Respiratory announced the launch of Get Smart About Asthma, which aims to increase understanding of how inflammation in the airways contributes to the disease's persistence and severity, as well as providing other educational materials.
"Many of the 25 million Americans who suffer from asthma may know the basics about their condition, but GetSmartAboutAsthma.com will expand their knowledge even more," Georgia Pediatric Pulmonology Associates pediatric pulmonologist LeRoy Graham said. "Asthma is a life-long condition that, if not managed properly, also can be life-threatening."