- Gillette launches 'The Best a Fan Can Get Sweepstakes' for NFL fans
- P&G taps celebrity Chef LaLa and medical expert Jorge Rodriguez to offer education on frequent heartburn
- CVS Caremark, New England Patriots teamed up for Veterans Day Tribute
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Bud Light to launch 'Stay in the Game' campaign
CINCINNATI — NFL commentator John Madden and the Prilosec OTC team on Thursday awarded the New England Patriots’ offensive line the 2010 Madden Most Valuable Protectors Award, presented by Prilosec OTC.
"The offensive line doesn't always catch the fans' attention, so Prilosec OTC and I created this award to recognize the guys who provide the critical run blocking and pass protection," Madden stated. "All season long, these guys proved they had the mental and physical toughness that enabled the Patriots offense to put up impressive numbers on the ground and in the air."
Madden and company presented the award during a press event in Texas. Accepting the trophy on behalf of the New England Patriots were offensive linemen Dan Koppen, Dan Connolly and Mark LeVoir.
The award is based on a combination of criteria including offensive line statistics — sacks allowed, rushing and passing yardage, time of possession, O-line penalties, third and fourth down conversion percentages and red zone scoring conversions, fan voting and coach Madden's own personal observations throughout the season.