- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
- MedFolio launches electronic pillbox to improve patient adherence
FORT WORTH, Texas Pharmacy technology company PDX and mobile application maker Acclaim Telecom Services will integrate Acclaim’s Smart Mobile RX application with PDX pharmacy systems.
The integration will allow pharmacies to reach patients through text messages, emails and voice reminders regarding refills and other services. The product will be shown at the National Association of Chain Drug Stores’ Pharmacy and Technology Conference in San Diego later this month.
“By partnering with PDX, Acclaim’s Smart Mobile RX can be rapidly deployed by pharmacies across the spectrum of mobile phones in use by consumers,” Acclaim president James Davis said in a statement. “Pharmacy smart phone customers have the added benefit of downloading a branded mobile application from their respective phone providers’ application store.”