- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Walgreens discusses digital transformation at recent I Heart APIs conference
CHICAGO — Catherine Lindner, Walgreens VP retail marketing, has been named vice chair of the Network of Executive Women, the association announced Tuesday. Under the NEW's bylaws, Lindner will assume the post of board chair when the term of the current board chair — Walmart SVP home Michelle Gloeckler — expires in October 2012.
Outgoing vice chair Julie Hamilton, executive assistant to the chairman and CEO of Coca-Cola, will become an at-large member of the NEWk's board. Lindner's role as marketing chair on the Network's Executive Committee will be taken by NEW board member Annie Zipfel, VP owned brands and packaging for Target.
Lindner helped form NEW Chicago and has been the lead on the NEW 2020 project, the Network's strategic research and planning process designed to define its focus for the next decade. At Walgreens, she is responsible for the marketing strategy, planning and execution of the company's $22 billion retail business. Zipfel is responsible for creating and executing strategy for Target owned brands with $15 billion in annual sales.