- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- GoGargle! named Best New Product at ECRM Cough-Cold, Analgesics and Allergy
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
DESTIN, Fla. — Pernix Therapeutics was recently honored with a "Best Product" designation by retail buyers attending ECRM's Cough/Cold, Analgesics & Allergy EPPS here for its line of Dr. Cocoa pediatric cough-cold products.
"We are proud of this award as it demonstrates that retailers recognize that our new line of real chocolate cough products for children is a true innovation for the category," stated May Petracco, Pernix VP OTC development. "We also believe that consumers will find that Dr. Cocoa's is a great-tasting way to relieve their children's cough and cold symptoms."
The Dr. Cocoa brand will be introduced in the 2013-2014 cough-cold season with four SKUs, including a cough formulation, both Daytime and Nighttime Cold and Cough formulations and a cold and fever formulation.
Dr. Cocoa represents the first OTC launch for Pernix, an integrated specialty pharmaceutical company based in The Woodlands, Texas.
Retail buyers who attend the conference are polled by ECRM regarding the best product they've seen at that show. The award is sponsored by DSN Group.