- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Economic analysis: Prescription-only status for PSE would drive up physician visits, healthcare costs
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
PALATINE, Ill. — Acura Pharmaceuticals on Tuesday announced that its next-generation pseudoephedrine with abuse-deterrent technology will now be stocked by North Carolina's Kerr Drug.
Nexafed is a 30 mg immediate-release pseudoephedrine product that combines effective nasal-congestion relief with a unique technology that disrupts the conversion of pseudoephedrine into methamphetamine, Acura noted.
“We anticipated early interest in Nexafed from independent pharmacies but it is rewarding that forward-looking drug chains like Kerr Drug are stepping up to make a difference in the communities in which they operate," stated Robert Jones, president and CEO Acura Pharmaceuticals.
Nexafed launched commercially in December 2012 and is now available through national and regional drug wholesalers.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.