- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Walgreens partners with Chicago Public Schools and city health department on Tdap vaccination project
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
ST. PAUL, Minn. — 3M’s Nexcare bandages, in partnership with the American Red Cross and model Niki Taylor, on Thursday announced the third annual Nexcare Give program on World Blood Donor Day on June 14.
“As someone who owes her life to donors who gave to help someone they didn’t even know, I think giving blood is a critical community service that cannot be overlooked,” Taylor said. “Currently, however, only about 8% of those who can donate blood do so each year. … Through the Nexcare and American Red Cross Give program, I hope to educate people about the impact each person can have, and help them realize that helping to save a life is always in style.”
New for 2011, the Nexcare brand will be giving away a collection of five fashion bandages inspired by the latest runway trends and emblazoned with the word “give” to demonstrate how “doing good looks good,” too. This collection will feature trend-focused designs of chevron, plaid, gingham, zebra and “classic.”
Nexcare also has launched a new Facebook page where visitors easily can find a location near them to donate, as well as sign up to receive additional bandages for free by mail. Visitors also can share their story and sign a pledge to donate blood this World Blood Donor Day. Participants pledging to give blood also have the opportunity to share with their friends and encourage them to pledge.
The Nexcare Give bandages will be available for free at American Red Cross blood drives and donor centers nationwide as well as online at NexcareGive.com, while supplies last.