- Bi-Lo Holdings, Delhaize Group moving forward on acquisition deal
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Bi-Lo Holdings launches Paws 'Feed the Love' Community Donation Program
SALISBURY, N.C. — Food Lion family of banners, Bloom and Bottom Dollar Food announced the launch of its ninth annual Hunger Has a Cure, a campaign that supports local food banks affiliated with hunger relief charity Feeding America.
Food Lion, Harveys, Reid's, Bloom and Bottom Dollar Food stores will offer customers the chance to purchase ready-made food boxes — which contain six items of private-label products — for $4.99. The boxes are available while supplies last, and customers will have the opportunity to give cash donations at the register in lieu of sold-out boxes. All of the stores will have designated food collection area where customers can place the food boxes or other nonperishable items.
The supermarket chains hope to collectively surpass previous box donation counts and raise more than 1.5 million pounds of food, valued at more than $1.2 million.