- Google testing contact lens that works as glucose meter
- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Study pinpoints protective genetic mutations for Type 2 diabetes
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
- Report: Sugar accounts for 17% of normal U.S. diet as Type 2 diabetes accounts for $500 billion in global healthcare spending
BOSTON — Nipro Diagnostics is building around its co-branded blood-glucose meter with a line of glucose-control products, including its TruePlus glucose shot.
The entire line also includes a glucose tablet product, a glucose gel and a diabetes-friendly multivitamin. But it's the diabetes-friendly energy shot that should garner the most interest, because that will be the acceptable delivery format for the next generation of diabetics.
As a category, sales of energy shots were up 43.5% to $173 million for the 52 weeks ended April 17 across food, drug and mass outlets, according to SymphonyIRI Group.