- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- CRN publishes commentary criticizing latest omega-3 research in Natural Medicine Journal
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- CRN debunks latest omega-3 study
WATSONVILLE, Calif. — Nordic Naturals on Tuesday launched Omega-3 Fortify, a food- and water-soluble omega powder.
"We found that many people were complaining that their store-bought enriched foods were not delivering significant amounts of EPA, only DHA, and they liked the idea of not having to take supplement," stated Keri Marshall, Nordic Naturals chief medical officer. "Added to yogurt, dressings, juice, applesauce — anything that is not too hot — Omega-3 Fortify allows customers to fortify their favorite foods without changing taste or texture."
The neutral-flavored formula can be used as a soluble drink mix or a topping on food. Each single-serving stick pack contains 500 mg of EPA and DHA. Available in seven- or 30-count boxes, Omega-3 Fortify contains micro-encapsulated cod liver oil in powder form.