- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Lancet review: Vitamin D marker for deteriorating health
- Study: Vitamin D supplementation may augment chronic hive therapy
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- NIH to investigate whether vitamin D helps prevent Type 2 diabetes
WATSONVILLE, Calif. — Nordic Naturals on Tuesday added Vitamin D3 Vegan to its professional product line. The liquid formulation is naturally sourced from lichen and was developed to provide healthcare practitioners with an alternative for their clients who are vegans, strict vegetarians or who prefer a non-lanolin form of vitamin D3.
"Nordic Naturals now offers two non fish oil products to help address [vitamin D] deficiency: Vitamin D3 soft gels and Vitamin D3 Vegan liquid," stated Keri Marshall, Nordic Naturals chief medical officer. "We are pleased to announce that this lichen-based source of Vitamin D3 is one of the first completely vegan sources of natural vitamin D3 on the market.”
The plant-based formula is in the natural form of vitamin D, or cholecalciferol, which is better absorbed and utilized by the body. The product is registered by the Vegan Society and carries the organization’s logo on the packaging.