- Study: Fish oil may aid dental health
- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Medication adherence could be blockbuster for specialty
WATSONVILLE, Calif. — Nordic Naturals is attempting to crack the mass channel code with an initial 200-store test with Walgreens, the company told Drug Store News. Nordic boasts a strong heritage across the specialty channel.
The test market incorporates the made-for-mass brand Daily Omega, a line of three products that helps simplify the choice for the right omega-3 essential fatty acid supplement.
“Daily Omega makes this choice easy by offering three concentrated formulas, two for adults and one for children, where only one soft gel is required daily to support optimal health and wellness,” stated Corinna Bellizzi, retail division sales manager.
The three SKUs include:
Daily Omega, with vitamin D3 — formulated for a healthy heart with 500 mg of the omega-3s EPA and DHA in each lemon-flavored soft gel;
Daily DHA — formulated for healthy brain and mood with 450 mg of DHA in each strawberry-flavored soft gel; and
Daily Omega Kids — formulated for brain and visual function with 275 mg of the omega-3s EPA and DHA in each chewable strawberry-flavored soft gel.