- Dr. Reddy's launches generic asthma, allergy, bronchospasm drug
- GSK announces divestment of OTC brands
- Dr. Reddy's to field Allegra-D store-brand equivalent
- ReportersNotebook — Chain Pharmacy, 10/24/11
- Novo Nordisk's Victoza helps patients achieve blood-sugar control when switching from exenatide or sitagliptin
PRINCETON, N.J. — Novo Nordisk has appointed Curtis Oltmans as its corporate VP and general counsel for legal and quality affairs, the company said Friday.
In the new role, for which he will also join the company's U.S. executive team, Oltmans will be handle issues like law, quality, intellectual property, grants and philanthropy for the Danish drug maker's North American business.
As VP and deputy general counsel for the company, Oltmans led the legal affairs team and was tapped in 2010 to lead the company's Native American Health Initiative, a project to build sustainable diabetes care and education programs with the Rosebud Sioux Tribe in Rosebud, S.D.
"Curt has used his extensive knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry to make significant contributions during his tenure so far at Novo Nordisk," Novo Nordisk president Jerzy Gruhn said. "He has led our legal team through a number of significant milestones, along with overseeing an important social responsibility effort for the Native American community."
Oltmans, who began working for Novo Nordisk in 2005, previously worked for Eli Lilly and the legal firm Shook, Hardy & Bacon.