- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Novo Nordisk launches new insulin device
- Mylan launches generic version of Prandin
- Study pinpoints protective genetic mutations for Type 2 diabetes
- Diabetics constantly on the look-out for new ways to manage disease
ORLANDO, Fla. — Danish drug maker Novo Nordisk will work with advocacy group Children with Diabetes to distribute materials to children newly diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, the two said Thursday.
The approximately 7,000 kits, designed to help them learn to live with the condition, include a booklet, savings offers and patient-support videos, and were created based on feedback from CWD members with Type 1 diabetes. Patients can order the kits through their doctors.
Approximately 15,600 children and adolescents in the United States are diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes every year, according to Novo Nordisk and CWD.