- Novo Nordisk's Victoza helps patients achieve blood-sugar control when switching from exenatide or sitagliptin
- IAF: 10 U.S. states will see highest diabetes prevalence, cost
- Novo Nordisk develops Cornerstones4Care as diabetes resource
- Giant Eagle announces free in-store diabetes screenings
- Novo Nordisk wins 2010 Good Design Award for NovoPen Echo
BAGSVÆRD, Denmark — Drug maker Novo Nordisk is creating what it calls the world's first all-diabetes professional cycling team, the company said.
The Danish pharmaceutical manufacturer announced plans to create Team Novo Nordisk, a global team with more than 100 cyclists, triathletes and runners, all of whom have diabetes.
The goal is to have the athletes compete in more than 500 competitions around the world throughout 2013, with the men's cycling team competing in races such as the USA Pro Cycling Challenge, the Tour of Britain and the Paris-Tours, with the ultimate goal of joining the Tour de France.
"As part of our long-standing Changing Diabetes program, this partnership provides a tremendous opportunity to raise awareness, and educate, empower and inspire people with diabetes," Novo Nordisk SVP global marketing and global medical affairs Jakob Riis said. "This is yet another way Novo Nordisk is striving to create more opportunities to live well with diabetes."