- Novo Nordisk's Victoza helps patients achieve blood-sugar control when switching from exenatide or sitagliptin
- IAF: 10 U.S. states will see highest diabetes prevalence, cost
- Leading retailers, suppliers gather in NYC for 14th annual Industry Issues Summit
- Diabetes population to double, costs to nearly triple by 2034
- Novo Nordisk, Children with Diabetes team up to educate newly diagnosed Type 1 diabetics
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario — An athletic team consisting entirely of people with diabetes will take part in several professional competitions and speaking events in Canada.
Team Novo Nordisk, organized by the Danish drug maker, includes 17 professional bike riders from 10 countries, including winners and podium finishers from professional races. The team will take part in the Tour de Beauce in Quebec, with three cyclists, and will compete in BC Superweek in British Columbia, as well as other competitions around the country.
"Team Novo Nordisk is racing as part of our long-standing Changing Diabetes program, which aims to create awareness about and address the diabetes pandemic, which affects 371 million people worldwide, and their families," Novo Nordisk EVP global marketing Jakob Riis said.