- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Study: Type 2 diabetes market competition heats up amid disease rate increase
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — Novo Nordisk will serve as the national premier sponsor for the American Diabetes Association's annual fundraising walk in 2011 and 2012, the ADA announced.
The drug maker, a leading company in diabetes management, will sponsor the Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes for the next two years. The walk supports ADA's mission to prevent and cure diabetes, as well as to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. As part of their involvement with the Step Out walk, Novo Nordisk also will recognize the thousands of people with diabetes who walk in the event as the national Red Strider sponsor for Step Out. Red Striders are people with diabetes that participate in the walk. In 2010, more than 22,000 people participated in the Step Out event as Red Striders.
"Sponsoring Step Out is one other important way Novo Nordisk is supporting the American Diabetes Association and its efforts to serve people living with diabetes. We're so pleased to be a part of this national effort," Novo Nordisk corporate VP sales Andy Ajello said. "We ask that everyone — including the business community, which is actively forming employee teams across the country — join with the thousands who are walking to take steps toward fighting this disease."