- CRN challenges folic acid/lung cancer link
- Natural Products Association suspends 2013 MarketPlace show
- NPA bolsters membership services with veteran appointment
- NPA launches industry effort to help retailers, communities recover from Hurricane Sandy
- Natural Products Association lambasts Consumer Reports for 'getting the facts wrong' on dietary supplements
WASHINGTON — The Natural Products Association last week celebrated 75 years of advocacy for the natural products industry.
"The Natural Products Association, as the leading voice of the natural products industry, represents more than 1,900 members who share a vision of a healthier America,” stated John Gay, NPA executive director and CEO. “Our 75th anniversary focuses on the valuable contribution that our industry makes to the health and well-being of millions of people. With [more than] $108 billion of natural products sold in the United States each year, this growing industry not only helps Americans lead more healthful lives; it also supports hundreds of thousands of American jobs."
"As a long-time supplement retailer, I am proud to celebrate the important role that natural products play in achieving a sustainable and healthy future for all Americans," said Pat Sardell, NPA president. "The benefits of these products to our country are far-reaching, both in healthcare savings and in strengthening our nation's economy. NPA members — both retailers and suppliers — create jobs, generate revenue and contribute significant tax dollars to local communities."