- Axe aims for world peace with Axe Peace, campaign
- Insurance rollout shows pharmacies and NACDS in action
- Intel survey: Patients ready to embrace personalized medicine
- Top line troubles continue for Walmart
- Bitcoin payment service chief executive touts e-currency as federal authorities signal openness to it
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — NPD Group is expanding its portfolio of solution-oriented products and services by acquiring data from Walmart's U.S. stores and website.
Through its agreement with Walmart, NPD will work together with the retailer to integrate Walmart information into NPD products. Walmart will be using NPD as the primary provider of data for the general merchandise categories tracked by NPD and NPD DisplaySearch as a new supplier of forecasting analysis for the electronics team. Recently, NPD signed an agreement with Sam’s Club to receive point-of-sale information from Sam’s Club and SamsClub.com.
“This agreement is truly a game changer for NPD and for the industry,” NPD president and COO Karyn Schoenbart said. “With Walmart data, we will be able to provide our clients with world class information and solidify our leadership position as the premier source of market insight in our industries. We look forward to offering our clients the best information ever for understanding their customers in order to drive better decisions and grow their businesses.”