- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
- NACDS launches 2012 Marketplace Conference mobile app
- Commerce Dept.: Health, personal care store sales up year-over-year, year-to-date sales down slightly over 2012
- Merlo: CVS Caremark positioned to 'effectively compete' in PBM industry
WASHINGTON — The National Retail Federation has appointed a new VP communications.
Effective Apr. 9, Katie Wilson will be responsible for overseeing NRF’s industry efforts, a multitude of communication vehicles and advancing NRF advocacy priorities on issues important to the retail community, NRF said. She will assume many of the responsibilities of Ellen Davis, who was recently named NRF SVP and executive director of the NRF Foundation.
"Katie's excitement about retail coupled with her public affairs background makes her an ideal candidate for our growing team," NRF president and CEO Matthew Shay said. "As NRF continues to expand its focus on advocacy and communications, bringing in top-notch talent with diverse experiences will help us elevate retail issues to another level in Washington."