- Nordic Naturals launches allergen-free probiotic
- At least 23,000 die from antibiotic-resistant infections each year, CDC finds
- Study: Probiotic in first three months of life reduces incidence of gastrointestinal disorders
- Pure Encapsulations launches new probiotic product
- Study finds probiotic strain Cardioviva helps reduce cholesterol
NORTH BERGEN, N.J. — NutraFana Pharmaceuticals recently launched a probiotic formulated specifically for children called FloraTummys Probiotic Sprinkles.
The product is formulated with Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Bifidobacterium Lactis and retails for a suggested $29.99 for a 30-day supply.
"I personally designed this product for children with the recommendation of 50-plus pediatricians I interviewed," noted Frank Melfa, president NutraFana. "Most probiotics for kids are a line extension of the adult version in capsule form. FloraTummys are available in individual powder packets [and are] non-dairy, gluten and sugar free and made in the U.S.A."
The product is currently available through AmerisourceBergen and several regional wholesalers, NutraFana noted.