- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome patient Ellen Smith serves as advocate for pain relief access
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Study: Higher levels of sleep aid melatonin may reduce prostate cancer risk
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Appropriations bill to boost funding for Lupus Research Institute's education program
RICHMOND, Texas — OCuSOFT, Inc., a leading maker of remedies for the treatment of ocular surface disease, has relaunched Tears Again advanced Liposome Spray, a unique eyelid spray for Meibomian Gland Dysfunction sufferers. Used in conjunction with OCuSOFT Lid Scrub Eyelid Cleanser, the new eyelid spray is ideal to promote good eyelid hygiene and healthy eyes and to help provide relief from eyelid irritation throughout the day, according to the company.
Tears Again advanced Liposome Spray is a cool, refreshing spray that is applied directly to the eyelids, with the eyes closed. Formulated with liposomes for enhanced absorption, Tears Again advanced Liposome Spray lubricates and protects the eyes against moisture loss. Liposomes are microscopic molecules that have been used for years in cosmetic and drug delivery. According to a report published in the journal Contact Lens Spectrum, liposomes sprayed on a clean, closed eyelid migrate from eyelashes and the edges of the eyelid onto the tear film. Studies have found that this is a comfortable and effective method for increasing lipid layer thickness and tear film stability.
In addition to relieving symptoms of dry eye, Tears Again advanced Liposome Spray, which is fortified with vital nutrients and antioxidants, including vitamins A, C and E, also helps relieve computer vision syndrome and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.