- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Federal government must find alternatives to rescheduling hydrocodone combination drugs
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- Bic Soleil Glow razor hits shelves
- CVS Caremark study: More education needed on genetic testing in prescribing antiplatelet drugs
LOS ANGELES — Looking to offer a greener option for users of Styrofoam and noncompostable insulated cups, Repurpose Compostables has launched a new insulated hot cup that is 100% compostable.
One Cup requires no sleeve, uses 65% less carbon dioxide than a traditional cup and can be composted in 90 days, the company said. The insulated cups also feature Ingeo-based lining, which eliminates the need for "double cupping," to assure the beverage, and not the drinker's hands, stay hot.
"At Repurpose, we are always working to produce the highest performing, highest quality food service products that also help consumers lower their impact on the environment," said Lauren Gropper, Repurpose Compostables CEO. "Finally a one product solution exists that is also compostable, comes from renewable resources and is affordable."