- Reports: Bill to extend federal regulations for compounding pharmacies expected to pass House, Senate
- Chobani gives a boost to Team USA on the journey to Sochi
- Federal government should take wise approach to compounding regulations
- Study: Whooping cough vaccine may not prevent infection
- FDA requests label and packaging changes for certain topical antiseptic products
LOS ANGELES — Tennis champion Serena Williams joined OPI co-founder Suzi Weiss-Fischmann at a New York City event on Aug. 25 to officially launch the final series of nail lacquers in her Glam Slam! by OPI promotion, which kicked off earlier this year.
The colors included in the Glam Slam! U.S. limited-edition duo-pack are a shimmering red named Love is a Racket and a glittering bronze titled Pros & Bronze.
"It has been so wonderful to work with Serena. She has a fierce passion for nails and knows how to make a fashion statement both on and off the court," stated Weiss-Fischmann. "Serena helped us to create tones that exemplify her personality and style. Packed with shimmer and highly pigmented, all 11 shades, including three Shatter hues, have been hugely successful."
The Glam Slam! promotion kicked off in January, with the global premiere of OPI's Black Shatter coat. New shades have been launched throughout the year in conjunction with Grand Slam tournament dates, beginning with Glam Slam! Australia and followed by France, England and now the United States. During a guest appearance on “Oprah” in late 2010, Williams revealed her love for nails and unofficially announced her partnership with OPI, with each audience member receiving an OPI manicure to showcase on-screen.
Glam Slam! lacquers currently are available at professional salons nationwide.