- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- FortiFX, celebrity chef Robert Irvine unveil new baked protein bars
- Q&A: Genetic profiling with Dr. Anita Goel of Nanobiosym
NEW YORK — Portion control is a hot topic as more Americans strive to maintain good nutritional habits. Yet knowing how much food to serve is often a challenge. The Measure Up Bowl, a portion-control tool that allows consumers to measure portions inside a bowl without the need for measuring cups and scales, is a great solution to the challenge.
The porcelain bowl has premeasured portions subtly etched onto its interior, combining a measuring cup and dining bowl in one attractive piece of tableware. The bowl is microwave- and dishwasher-safe and comes in two sizes. The Classic has premeasured portions of 0.5, 1, 1.5 and 2 cups, and retails for $19.99; it’s perfect for pasta, chili, rice and soups. The Small has premeasured portions of 0.25, 0.5 and 0.75 cup and can be used for higher-calorie foods. Combination sets of the two bowls retail for $29.99.