- FMI, Matrix Group release animated video as part of association’s 'Supermarket Facts Video Series'
- Angry Orchard debuts new hard cider variety
- Actavis Pharma to sell seven Western European operations to Aurobindo Pharma
- Gatsby men's grooming brand expands distribution in Ricky's NYC stores
- Men's grooming brand Moving Rubber hits select Ricky's NYC locations
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — The Food Marketing Institute gave an outgoing executive one of its top awards at a supermarket industry conference, the group said Monday.
FMI gave VP government relations Anne McGhee Curry its Glen P. Woodard, Jr. Award for her work in public affairs over the last three decades. Curry will retire from FMI at the end of this month.
"There is such divine justice to Anne's receiving the Glen P. Woodard Award, as she walked side by side with Glen Woodard on Capitol Hill for two decades until his death in 1995," FMI president and CEO Leslie Sarasin said.
Curry has lobbied on behalf of the supermarket industry in Washington for 34 years, Sarasin said, working with members of Congress from both parties.
Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news.