- Shopping health and beauty online
- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- With new push, pharmacy groups seek inclusion in health reform’s ACOs
- UnitedHealth: Cost of diabetes could be $3.35 trillion by 2020
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
BELLEVUE, Wash. Pacific Bioscience announced a voluntary recall-exchange of its Clarisonic Skin Care System, based on a danger that the handle can overheat.
Though the incidence rate is about one in 10,000—and no serious injury has been reported—the company is offering free exchanges on any Clarisonics purchased prior to July 2007. Pacific Bioscience advised that though the problem was limited to the device’s internal electronics—and was not an issue of effect on the skin—it could potentially catch fire. The problem is fixed in the new models, and the packaging reflects "advanced engineering."