- Former Sears Canada, Loblaws exec to take helm at Sephora Americas
- Winner of Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association competition named
- Sephora launches social shopping platform to share, tag beauty looks
- Ethisphere Institute recognizes L'Oréal as one of 'World's Most Ethical Companies'
- Fragrances developed by Ashley Olsen, Mary-Kate Olsen launch at Sephora
BELLEVUE, Wash. Pacific Bioscience announced a voluntary recall-exchange of its Clarisonic Skin Care System, based on a danger that the handle can overheat.
Though the incidence rate is about one in 10,000—and no serious injury has been reported—the company is offering free exchanges on any Clarisonics purchased prior to July 2007. Pacific Bioscience advised that though the problem was limited to the device’s internal electronics—and was not an issue of effect on the skin—it could potentially catch fire. The problem is fixed in the new models, and the packaging reflects "advanced engineering."