- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J. — Par Pharmaceutical Cos. has started shipping two formulations of a generic drug for treating migraines, the company said.
Par announced the shipment of rizatriptan benzoate tablets and rizatriptan benzoate orally disintegrating tablets in the 5-mg and 10-mg strengths. The drug is used to treat acute migraine with or without aura in patients ages 6 years and older.
The drug has sales of about $653 million per year, according to IMS Health.