- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NACDS, NCPA, GPhA express support for Drug Quality and Security Act
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
WASHINGTON — The head of a group representing the nation's pharmacy benefit managers got honors from the Generic Pharmaceutical Association.
The Pharmaceutical Care Management Association announced Thursday that president and CEO Mark Merritt had received the GPhA’s Outstanding Contribution Award at the generic drug industry group’s annual meeting in Orlando, Fla. The organization has advocated increased generic drug utilization and found common cause with the generics industry in its support for follow-on biologics.
“I’m honored to receive this award and proud to stand with GPhA, employers and consumer groups in the fight for affordable prescription drugs,” Merritt said.