- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
FORT WORTH, Texas Retail pharmacy technology provider PDX has partnered with Healthcare Data Solutions to provide users of the PDX Pharmacy System with access to a real-time prescriber verification process.
The companies said the integration of the PDX Pharmacy System and the HDS ProscriberPRO database would allow immediate verification of prescribers and associated profiles when a prescriber is added or before a prescription is filled, with access provided over a secure, Web-based service.
The service will match and clean up pharmacy data at the store level; deliver updates on prescribers’ licensure to the pharmacy every day; match prescriptions with providers; allow pharmacies to acquire detailed prescriber profiles; and synchronize pharmacies’ prescriber database with ProscriberPRO.
“It is crucial that pharmacies have accurate data when they fill prescriptions,” PDX-Rx.com president and CEO Jeff Farris said in a statement. “By partnering with HDS, PDX customers will have access to another cutting-edge utility that will assure the pharmacy that they are filling prescriptions for valid prescribers.”