- Meijer launches sustainable seafood program
- Survey says 6-in-10 adults don’t eat enough fruits and veggies
- Spartan brand products to feature Facts Up Front nutrition labeling
- Changing Channels: Holistix Natural Biscuits, Entenmann's bakeware, LabelManager and more
- Packaged Facts: Sports drinks, nutrition bars a $10 billion business in 2013
CHICAGO — Online grocer Peapod is partnering with Chicago's Shedd Aquarium to mark National Seafood Month and promote sustainable seafood.
Peapod has contributed nearly $45,000 to the Shedd Aquarium since 2008 as a long-standing partner in the aquarium's Right Bite program. In honor of National Seafood Month, which lasts through October, Peapod will feature sustainable farmed Arctic char, which is included on Right Bite's "best choice list" for sustainability. For every purchase of the fish on Peapod's website this month, the company will donate 25 cents to 50 cents to the Shedd Aquarium to support its sustainability programs.
"We are huge proponents of bringing sustainable options to shoppers — from seafood and meats to produce and dairy," Peapod VP fresh markets Tony Stallone said. "This month, not only will an Arctic char purchase support Shedd Aquarium, but it will also introduce people to a delicious fish that is very similar in taste to trout and salmon."