- Ahold appoints Jan van Dam as EVP supply chain and e-commerce
- Ahold to roll out more Peapod pickup points in 2013
- Multichannel shoppers pick the low-hanging fruit, including apples and oranges
- Ahold USA appoints SVP pharmacy, health and beauty care
- Sears names supermarket veteran Michel chief of food, health and pharmacy efforts
NEW YORK — Royal Ahold’s Peapod online grocery service is expanding in New York, according to published reports.
According to the reports, the new service, Peapod by Stop & Shop, will fill orders using the existing warehouse presence of Ahold supermarket banner Stop & Shop, which operates several stores in the city. In addition to groceries, Peapod also offers numerous health and beauty products.
The service will reach residents in the Midtown, Upper East Side and Upper West Side areas of Manhattan, where another grocery retailer, FreshDirect, already has a strong presence. Peapod offers a similar service, Peapod by Giant, in the Washington, D.C., metro area, a market served by fellow Ahold banner Giant-Landover.