- Perrigo to buy Elan Corp.
- Perrigo to acquire Fera's ophthalmic portfolio for up to $129 million
- Perrigo recalls APAP infant suspension liquid due to the possibility of missing dose markings on the dosing syringe
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Report: Kroger adding 2,000 jobs across Michigan
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Perrigo will buy Paddock Labs for more than half a billion dollars, Perrigo said Thursday.
Perrigo, an Allegan, Mich.-based company that makes generic prescription and over-the-counter drugs, including private-label products, announced that it would buy Minneapolis-based Paddock for $540 million in cash.
“This acquisition is an important step forward in executing on our strategy to expand our specialty portfolio of generic prescription drug products,” Perrigo chairman and CEO Joseph Papa said. “It adds incremental scale, as well as excellent development and manufacturing capabilities across a spectrum of niche dosage forms.”